Students : Jailbreak Rules and Guidelines
Please Read Carefully!
- Your entry will only be finalised on receipt of the signed application form, a passport photocopy, along with the relevant signed and dated cheques
- Non-University members are welcome to attend.
- Participants MUST be over 18 years old.
- Manchester Rag will arrange travel insurance for participants of the Jailbreak. Details of the policy will be passed on to all participants on the day of departure.
- If you are a foreign student, you must seek advice regarding visas and obtain necessary documentation.
- For safety reasons you must travel in pairs – you must NOT travel alone. NEVER split up to get a lift. All pairs must stay together at all times.
- We advise you NOT TO HITCH HIKE! However, if you do choose to hitch, you must not thumb for lifts either in the slip roads of motorways or actually on the motorways – this is illegal. Make sure you are safe- if in doubt, don’t get in the vehicle!
- Before you leave you must have
· An EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) (available here )
· Your insurance documents (you will receive this on the day from Manchester Rag)
· A valid passport (with a photocopy – this is on top of the copy that we will have)
· A fully-charged mobile phone with international roaming and plenty of prepaid credit if necessary
· Phone charger with European plug.
· Your Jailbreak T-shirt (to be given out on the day)
· The contact numbers and email addresses of base (these will also be given on the day)
· A camera or mobile phone with camera facility
· An Attack Alarm· Some money to buy some souvenirs at your destination! It might also be an idea to take a credit card with you (if you have one) in case of an emergency.
- None of your own money is to be used for transport on the outward journey
- You are not to use your own transport, or that of friends/family.
- Every time you cross a border you must phone, text or email base.
- Whenever you take a flight or enter a vehicle, you must also contact base giving your flight number or vehicle license plate number, vehicle type and destination.
- If you haven’t already been in touch for whatever reason, you must contact base by 10pm on the first day so that we know you are safe.
- You must contact base around 10pm on the final day to confirm your whereabouts. If you fail to do this you will forfeit your chance of winning. Contact details are given below.
- If you are taking a flight, or other long-haul journey, ASK ABOUT THE RETURN JOURNEY. It is recommended that you do not take a flight without guarantee of return (We CANNOT pay for your return! It might be an idea to take a credit card if you have one?)
- At your furthest point you must:
- Take a photograph of yourselves beside a significant landmark (wearing your Jailbreak T-shirts)
- Phone, text or email base with your whereabouts
- Send a postcard from your destination to KidsCan or your RAG
- Buy a local newspaper (if possible)
- All sponsorship forms, money and evidence of final location (photos, newspapers etc) are due in to your RAG a month and a half after the Jailbreak
- Prizes will be awarded after all the evidence and sponsor money are in.
- Failure to comply to the rules could lead to personal injury. KidsCan and Manchester Rag will not be responsible for any action that contravenes the rules.